Virtual Brand Safety Summit
Big ideas and best practices in one day on brand safety.
About the Summit
Big Ideas And Best Practices In One Day On Brand Safety
Businesses are rethinking ways to connect with customers and prospects, and we at The 614 Group have reimagined how we can continue to bring our audience of brand safety leaders together. That’s why we’ve launched a series of Live Virtual Brand Safety Summits for 2020. The virtual version of each Summit will be collaborative and interactive, just like our in-person events.
The Live Virtual Summit will feature a mix of keynotes, panel discussions and fireside chats covering the most pressing brand safety issues. Our speaker lineup will feature experts on brand safety, advertising fraud, measurement, contextual advertising, consumer data protection and more.
Join us as we expand the ways our community learns and comes together while advancing the most important brand safety conversations.
Initial Speaker Lineup
9:00 AM - 9:35 AM
Virtual Events: Good, Bad or Indifferent?
This fireside chat will feature an engaging conversation between Chris Cunningham, Founder of C2 Ventures and Rob Rasko, President of the Brand Safety Summit Series, on the future of events, entrepreneurship, and the state of investments in ad-tech and mar-tech.
- Rob Rasko, President, Brand Safety Summit Series, The 614 Group
- Chris Cunningham, Founding Partner, C2 Ventures
9:35 AM - 10:05 AM
Topic to be Announced!
10:05 AM - 10:30 AM
The Future of YouTube Brand Suitability: Scale & Engagement
Presented by Pixability
We're entering a new phase of brand safety and suitability in digital video advertising where we no longer have to rely on blunt instruments to block whole categories of content. In this session we'll discuss how agencies, adtech companies and industry leaders are coming together to find ways to use more detailed categorizations of content to deliver video advertising experiences that are not only safe, but drive real scale and engagement for brands.
- David George, CEO, Pixability
- John Montgomery, EVP, Global Brand Safety, GroupM
10:30 AM - 11:00 AM
The News, COVID-19 and Safe Online Discourse
What is the state of marketers' utilization of news and how can we move away from keywords and drill down on sentiment? If a marketer acts on that strategy, what's the next step? What have marketers learned from COVID? One thing seems clear: Knee-jerk blocking hurts marketers and publishers.
- Yale Cohen, EVP, Digital Investment & Standards, PMX – Publicis Groupe
- Ryan Spicer, VP, Sales & Client Partnerships, CNN
11:00 AM - 11:15 AM
11:20 AM - 11:50 AM
The Tech Tax vs. Tech Value
Presented by EMX Digital
The recent Programmatic Supply Chain Transparency Study, carried out by PwC, was shunned by many advertising industry veterans. Is there a tech tax, or is this a regular supply chain that has abuses? This debate will feature perspectives from leading executives who will share their point of view on this controversial issue.
- Rob Rasko, President, Brand Safety Series
- Marla Kaplowitz, President and CEO, 4A’s
- Kasha Cacy, Global CEO, Engine Group
- Dan Bruinsma, SVP, Activation Director, Starcom, Activation Lead, Bank of America Account
11:50 AM - 12:30 PM
The Crumbling Cookie and Data Protection
The cookie is crumbling. What are the solutions that are going to help advertisers with targeting? Is it contextual, or is it identity resolution is it both? How will we fill the gap that cookieless advertising will leave, and how will data be protected in the transition?
- John Toth, Former Head of National Sales, Reuters
- Eran Metzer, Executive Director, Data and Marketing Technology, Hearts & Science
- Chris Guenther, SVP, Global Head of Programmatic, NewsCorp
12:30 PM - 1:15 PM
1:15 PM - 1:45 PM
The Nature of Sports Messaging Post-Covid-19
- Jacquelyn Dahl, Sports Marketing Agent for Athletes for Brands and Patrick Mahomes, Founder, 1 Up Sports Marketing
1:45 PM - 2:15 PM
Brand Risk and Brand Suitability
Presented by Channel Factory
Some brands are willing to be edgier when it comes to content they'll appear next to, and others are more intentionally reserved. Where is the line? What is the difference between brand safety and brand suitability and to maneuver around it? How many technology partners, what should be in a white list, what analytics should they be reviewing. The head of media investment at GroupM and a publisher and a leading technology company get together for this insightful discussion.
- Jed Hartman, Chief Commercial Officer, Channel Factory
- Susan Schiekofer, Chief Digital Investment Officer, GroupM
2:15 PM - 2:40 PM
The Role of the Brand Safety Officer
Presented by Brand Safety Institute
The role of the Brand Safety Officer continues to grow in importance as the advertising ecosystem becomes more complex. In this session, Rachel Nyswander Thomas, Chief Operating Officer, TAG, and Chairwoman, BSI Advisory Board, will lead a discussion on the role of today's Brand Safety Officer, and the increasing need for qualified practitioners with deep knowledge and expertise around safeguarding the supply chain and protecting brand reputations online.
- Rachel Nyswander Thomas, Chief Operating Officer, TAG Chairwoman, BSI Advisory Board
- Joshua Lowcock, Chief Digital Officer, UM Worldwide
- Christine Desrosiers, Brand Safety Officer in Residence, Brand Safety Institute
2:40 PM - 3:10 PM
The State of Fraud in CTV
Presented by DoubleVerify
As ad spend on CTV increases, so too does the opportunity for fraud in the advertising ecosystem. The impact of fraud can be significant - potentially leading advertisers to see decreased efficiency in their media spend and increased risk to their brand’s reputation.
Attendees will learn about the types of fraud in CTV and how bad actors perpetuate fraud through apps, IP spoofing, and SSAI technology. They will also learn about how fraud might manifest itself in different buying environments. Lastly, and most importantly, they will learn how they can combat CTV fraud and the specific solutions available to them with these emerging threats on the horizon.
From this foundation, panelists will discuss how the buying environment is impacted by the potential of fraud. This module will dive into the intricacies of buying CTV inventory directly from content platforms, intermediaries as well as programmatic platforms. Attendees will learn about the challenges of attaining scale and transparency, and what is being done and should be done to address both.
- Roy Rosenfeld, SVP of Product, DoubleVerify
- Russell Ball, Global AV/Media Operations Manager, Hygiene & Home, Reckitt Benckiser
- Bryan Everett, SVP of Business Development, Amobee
- Eric Warburton, VP, Ad Operations, Horizon Media
3:10 PM -3:30 PM
3:30 PM -4:00 PM
OOH - A Brand Safe Medium For Any Environment
Presented by OAAA
The out of home advertising channel has always been one of the most brand safe. Positioned in the real world, brands always know exactly where an out of home ad will appear and there is never a chance of ad fraud since real consumers always see out of home ads. Attendees will learn about the out of home industry, why it’s a safe media choice and how enhanced data analytics is optimizing out of home campaigns with better targeting in a brand safe environment.
- Anna Bager, President & CEO, OAAA
- Scott Wells, Chief Executive Officer, Clear Channel Outdoor America